Single and ready to meet new guys? Take one or two of these flirting tips for a test-drive each time you go out and see what works for you!
By Elisa Benson
1. Get closer! Then break eye contact just long enough to glance down at his lips. It’s a subtle cue that you’re open to a kiss!
2. Choose a theme song. Play it to pump yourself up while you’re getting ready. Then whenever you hear it when you’re out, it will make you feel good — and bold enough to say hi to the hottest of the hot guys!
3. Wear dangly earrings. They draw attention to the smooth curves of our neck — it’s a classy way to subtly show skin.
4. Keep gum or Tic Tacs in your purse. “Want one?” is the world’s easiest icebreaker.
5. Watch Taylor Swift’s video “I’m Only Me When I’m With You” and channel her goofy, fun-loving personality. It’s exactly what guys mean when they say, “Confidence is sexy.”
6. Master the bump-and-flatter. Run into a cute guy at a crowded party. Say, “Oh, sorry — I become a total klutz around cute guys.” Then just introduce yourself.
7. Make dates spontaneously. Text, “I’m craving a McFlurry!! Drop what ur doin and hit the drive-thru w me? :)”
8. Tease him a little. Example: When a guy you’re talking to first tells you his name, say, “What?” so he has to lean in to repeat himself. Then say, “What?” again with a smile. You’ll break the ice with your playful joke.
9. Practice your technique. Sneak in a little flirting whenever you can, like with your hot waiter. You’ll be amazed how “practice flirting” boosts your confidence when you’re talking to a guy you really like.
10. Let a hot guy catch you looking at him! When he does, smile — it will give him the in to approach you.
1. Be interested. Make a point to show how involved you are in the conversation by asking questions or saying “yeah” and “mmm-hmm.” Without realizing why, he’ll be encouraged to keep talking.
12. Memorize a great joke (or one that’s so bad it’s good!). Knowing you can pull it out anytime means you’ll never have an awkward pause in conversation. Plus, if you make a guy laugh, you’re totally in!
13. Wear red! Scientists have shown that guys are instinctively attracted to this color — so wearing it instantly makes you hotter.
14. Ask him out “by accident.” Text him “What r u up to tonite?” When he replies, say, “Sorry that was for a friend—but yeah, what r u doing?” The tiny diss will make him work harder.
15. Check out his clothes and ask about the sports team, band, or brand on his T-shirt. He’ll notice that you noticed.
16. Spritz perfume on the back of your neck — guys will catch your scent when you lean in for a hug.
17. Be obvious sometimes. Like when you “accidentally” throw your Frisbee toward cute guys in the park, an exaggerated apology lets them know you’re flirting on purpose (and in on the joke).
18. Leave this Facebook comment: “This pic is hilarious. What’s actually going on there?” After he responds, say, “You should tell me in person. 🙂 Wanna hang out this weekend?”
19. Get text savvy. “When you’re texting, don’t respond to every single thing a guy says. Leave some questions hanging. He’ll be more invested in the conversation if he has to chase it a little!” — Brody Jenner
20. Post status updates about movies, shows or games you’re going to see — if he’s a fan too, he’ll have a reason to comment (and you’ll have an excuse to invite him along!).
21. Introduce a cute guy to your friend. It’s easier to approach him for someone else — and then you’ll get to talk to his cute buddies!
22. Pass a handwritten note at a party that says, “Just saying hi!” Slip it into his pocket — it’s a million times cuter than a text.
23. Flirt before you see him: Text, “U should wear that blue shirt tonight — it makes your arms look hot! :)”
24. Pretend you already know a guy you want to talk to. When you “realize” the mistake, say, “Oh, I thought you were someone else, but you’re actually cuter.”
25. Make him nervous. Here’s how: The first time a new crush texts you, write back, “Who is this?” When he explains, say, “JK, how could I forget you?!? :)” He’ll be hooked!
26. Paint your nails a super-girly color. It will help you get in touch with your flirty side — and make you think about how great your hands will look playfully wrapped around the bicep of a cutie!
27. Flirt with your eyes. “It’s all in the way you look at him: Walk by, kind of look him up and down, give him a slight smile, and keep walking. You can have an entire conversation without saying a word.” — Ne-Yo
28. Channel Whitney Port. She’s the definition of breezy — she never looks ruffled around guys. If you don’t have that same completely cool attitude, fake it until you really feel it.
29. Give him a (sorta) hard time. “I love when girls make fun of you a bit and try to drive you off-sides. That’s the best — when you’re like, ‘Whoa, whoa!’ — Chace Crawford
30. Leave him wanting more. Go in for a kiss at the end of the night — but then turn your head and whisper you had a nice time instead!
31. After you’ve been talking for awhile say, “Can I tell you a secret?” He’ll say yes — but then just tell him never mind, it’s stupid, you changed your mind. It will drive him crazy wondering what you were going to say — and that you won’t give in!
32. Send a quick flirt text a minute after you trade numbers. It will take him by surprise and make him smile.
33. Call him out. When you notice a guy checking you out, let him know you’re onto him and you’ll ooze confidence. A laid-back joke (“Please don’t tell me I have something in my teeth!”) will make him laugh, so it’s not too bold.
34. Picture-text him a movie poster: And say, “4 PM show — wanna go? I’ll even share my popcorn!”
35. Change the wallpaper on his phone to one of the cheesiest preset pictures — the sillier the better. Then hand it back to him and joke, “This just seemed more ‘you.'” It’s a funny way to keep up your flirty banter.